Visual media are a great way to promote products, the convert more and boost sales. Visual advertising is marketing friendly and has been used by marketers to increase engagement and drive hordes of traffic to their product pages. Pinterest is a remarkable social media platform that serves to promote products and services for businesses. If you ignore the business potentials of Pinterest for business, you are leaving money on the table.
The available record shows that Pinterest boast of more than 200 million active monthly users. The platform may not have as many users as other social media, but it has the advantage of attracting people with a mindset to buy. The claim that 83% of Pinterest users have purchased a product bolsters the resourcefulness of the platform for business patronage. With active user account of about 175 million people, 81 percent are women, and the platform also plays host to some fortune 5 companies.
Using Pinterest for your business
To use Pinterest for business, you need to sign up for a business account. If you already own a personal account, you can switch over to a business account or create one for your business as you deem feat. Pinterest, like other social media, is free to sign up and offer robust features including analytics to help you plan.
Your success in using Pinterest for business is a function of how much you understand the platform. For a better understanding of Pinterest, it is essential to understand the various terms you will come across in your day to day use of the social media. Below are some of the terms you should be familiar with in using Pinterest.
- Pinterest is a visual social media that displays images or videos posted by users. The pin is used on Pinterest to such posts. When you Pin a post on your profile, the pin links back to the original image or video where you pin it. By so doing it creates traffic to the original site.
- Boards refer to a collection of pins where each user’s pins are displayed. Therefore, boards’ helps to keep all your pins organized in one play where you can easily see and access them.
- Home feed: this is the same as the feed on other social media you are used to.
- Pinterest users are called pinners.
- These are special codes created to unlock Pinterest business curated boards and profile and they are called Pincodes
- Group boards. As Pinterest group will have a group board that has collective pins of members. You need to be invited to join a group board by the owner of the group board
- Archive boards. It functions like the word, archive, suggests. If you want to clean up your profile and not see certain suggestions again, the archive boards help to achieve this.
- Pinning Images Taken or Saved on your iPhone: This feature interfaces with the Smartphone camera to create new pin image, using the camera to snap such image.
- Hashtags on Pinterest. Hashtags help to make your content searchable, and they are best with products to increase their visibility.
- Comment: This is an engagement indicator where other Pinterest users add their comments to your pins or other engaging content.
- Save: This is the same as Facebook likes. It a users way of reacting to your pins.
Pinterest for business is a powerful marketing resource for business people to create attention for their products and services. After signing up for Pinterest for business, make sure to create a compelling profile that is attractive and one that will increase your engagement.