Have you ever imagined the fantastic things you can do with 140 or 280 characters with possible outreach to 330 million people? Twitter marketing brings a huge possibility for your business if you understand how it works and you are ready to give it what it takes.
Unlike with other social media, Twitter is a professional marketing platform where you will meet decision makers to share your business proposal with and get a result if you can show how you are different from the crowd. There is one reason people visit Twitter; it is to discover something new and exciting. Presidents of countries use their twitter handle to announce important state policies; they update their views about trendy issues and business executives, captains of industries consider twitter a useful platform to discuss important matters about their businesses. If you follow a celeb, Twitter provides the platform to see through their minds what is new.
Get started with Twitter for maximising your business
Every marketer that knows his onions always finds twitter a veritable ground to market their products and services. Twitter marketing has moved away from the past to a more professional approach to how things are done. However, if you desire to explore twitter marketing some more, the following are five things to do to get started:
- Create optimized bio. The first thing any professional market should do is to create a compelling bio to tell a visitor who you are, what you do and how you can help. A professional bio will include your company website and present you as a brand to treasure.
- Connect with your industry influencers. Successful Twitter marketing is about planning; nothing must happen by accident. Identify your business niche influencers and reach out to them. Add them as friends and begin to interact with them.
- Connect your business people. Your colleague and friends are among the first set of people to link up and start interacting with them. Never forget that Twitter is first a social media channel before serving a business need. That social element must be emphasized by keeping your update and interact from time to time with people in your network.
- Make regular tweets. To have people follow you on twitter, you must be seen to be active. The way to show activeness on twitter is by tweeting from time to time. However, to tweet regularly doesn’t mean you have to tweet just anything. Make sure you tweet relevant tweets on business-related subjects.
- Show twitter love and ask for it. One way to keep your tweets going and regular is by retweet. Whenever you find a useful piece of tweets, nothing stops you from retweeting such to keep up the communication. In return, you can ask your Twitter friends/followers to retweet or share your content with their network.
To power your Twitter marketing, you need to learn and understand useful tricks to boost your presence and make your content go viral. Always see twitter as a marketing tool and as marketing demands planning to stay on course, take your time to plan your Twitter marketing strategy to deliver the best result for your business.