Smart marketers go to where potential audiences are. If you are in business, your first and ultimate job is marketing, that means you are a marketer, and this is why Facebook marketing should appeal to you. If you indeed are, you should be on Facebook. This giant social media channel offers everything you need as a marketer. And you are not alone; I am yet to see a five-figure and above enterprise that is not on Facebook. Of course, they have the resources to have everything they want in marketing, best marketing personnel, best media outfit, reliable network and so many beautiful things that will jump their sales more than 200% overnight, yet they are on Facebook to tap from the irresistible offers it presents.
Some Facebook’s numbers
We all need robust engagement. Every business should use Facebook marketing as one of the primary drivers of their social marketing activities. I know of people whose only means of marketing is Facebook, and they leverage it to the point where other social media begin to connect with you. If you are wondering why you need to use Facebook marketing, here are some compelling facts about Facebook.
- Over 2 billion users.
- More than 1.5 billion daily active users.
- Over 1.7 billion active mobile users.
- Over 300 million Europeans are active on Facebook.
- About 30% of Facebook users are young people.
- Five new accounts are opened per second.
- 53% of Facebook user’s females, 47% are male. Think of what such statistics mean for your business.
- Facebook is a global social platform even in countries where it is restricted people still struggle to find a shortcut to be present.
- More than 300 million photos are uploaded daily.
- The average Facebook user spends around 20 minutes on the platform.
- More than 5 billion pieces of content got shared daily.
- Facebook is the only social media where people of all ages, class, educational background and social status find usefulness and are present.
- More than 16 million local businesses have a Facebook page.
Think about the enormous potentials Facebook marketing has for your business and looking at the figures against the background of Facebook financials, imagine what a platform that generates over seven billion dollars in revenue would do for your business. That Facebook makes so much money is because companies like yours are using the platform to make money.
Why Facebook marketing
The following are why you should be using Facebook marketing for your business. Facebook continues to improve the sensitivity of the platform for your business, some of the features of Facebook that will endear you to the platform for business are listed below:
- Users’ behaviour. Facebook can give you hints on what each user wants; this is a powerful tool to target the right audience with your business offers.
- The advantage over traditional marketing. While many of us grew up knowing traditional marketing, advancement in marketing technology favours Facebook more. Even traditional marketing services use Facebook to promote their businesses.
- Put your marketing in your hand. Facebook marketing gives you control over your marketing activities. Unlike using television where you are tied to their program schedule, you can change your marketing schedule to favour you more on Facebook.